When American Bank first opened its doors in 1968, the organization was built upon the foundation of being the Peoples Bank. Today, after more than 40 years in business, we proudly continue that tradition of serving people, you our customers, with the most personalized service anywhere. We recognize that customer service remains the key to our success.
American Bank was organized by a group of seven local businessmen who served as the original Board of Directors. At the time, the west side of Fond du Lac was just beginning to develop and the group felt the office at West Johnson and Peters Avenue would both complement the city’s growth and be a welcome convenience. There have been only three Presidents in the Bank’s history: Steven Stone, Dale Brooks and me. Today, we remain a locally owned, independent financial institution with over $430,000,000 in assets and 6 offices serving Fond du Lac, Dodge, Green Lake, Waukesha/Milwaukee and Winnebago Counties.
Here’s how we differ:
- Wide array of deposit and loan products for our consumers and business customers
- Locally owned and independent means faster local decisions
- One of the strongest banks in capital and loan loss reserves
- American Bank is considered the leader in origination and servicing of residential mortgages
- Voted Best Bank in the Fond du Lac community five consecutive years, and Best Mortgage Provider three consecutive years via the Fond du Lac Reporter Readers Choice Awards
While some of the faces may have changed since 1968, our philosophy has not. You can count on us for the same One-to-One Banking our reputation is built on, today and every day. If you’re already a customer, know that we appreciate you and are grateful for your business. And if you are not, we’d love to meet you in any of the communities we serve and become your banking partner. I encourage you to visit us at any of our offices, online at ambank.com or by phone; whichever is most convenient.
American Bank, One-to-One Banking; it’s not a slogan, it’s our culture and my promise to you, the people we serve.
James R. Chatterton
Chief Executive Officer, American Bank